Social Kevin Spacey Thread > Excommunicated from Netflix

You won't even offer a quote of him admitting to anything so I'll go ahead assume you're lying on that. If he's not charged and convicted he'll def. be back. It may take a long while but he will. Dame Judi Dench has already defended him to a degree.
He didn't overtly admit to it but he didn't deny it either. He basically said he didn't remember doing it but if he did he was sorry. Big mistake, gotta deny, deny, deny.

LOL. He's a fucking awesome actor, man. Would be better if a shitty actor like Ben Affleck did this instead.

Glengarry Glen Ross & American Beauty are two of my favorites.

Ben Affleck is as good an actor as Spacey...

House of Cards was never a good show. It was always just barely north of "okay." But, without a doubt, the worst thing about it has always been Spacey's ham-handed performance with his terrible Georgia accent.

Robin Wright and Michael Kelly have been the best performers on the show for years.

I+would+love+to+see+a+back+and+forth+debate+_5b2a92807afc8b405653aa7f1c5e14b2.gif

You won't even offer a quote of him admitting to anything so I'll go ahead assume you're lying on that.

You seem to be of the mind that he's denied this, and the allegations are baseless. That is not the case. I mean, if you want to get technical, no I don't believe he ever admitted to the act in detail, but it doesn't matter. He tried to temper it by saying that he's sorry for his past. That's basically an admission of guilt.

You're allowed to like his work, and you can hope he'll be back, and you never know, but it's...unlikely.

Spacey isn't very good. Affleck's good (not great) performances in Gone Girl and Argo were as good as anything Spacey has done.

Spacey is just one notch better than Leo DiCaprio is undeservedly praised actors.

Ben affleck isn’t even as good playing himself as spacey can act. And ben has been me too’ed as well

I don't want to shit on the guy too much. He's good when he tries, and has the right casting. He's certainly not as bad as people say. Spacey level though? That's a bridge too far.

Spacey is overrated in some respects, however. He never steps outside his comfort zone. However, he's never been "bad". He's either excellent, or just going through the motions, but never "bad". Affleck on the other hand has been atrociously bad in some roles.

American Beauty! Such a classic which had underage nudy with Thora Birch.

Trotsky my man. I respect you as a poster in here but this is one of the most retarded sentences I've ever read in this WR.

As great as Ben Affleck is as an actor he is no where close to the level of an actor Kevin Spacey is. Kevin Spacey has won a Tony award for his Broadway acting. The only way Ben Affleck will ever end up on Broadway is if he takes his family to go see a show...

House of Cards was never a good show. It was always just barely north of "okay." But, without a doubt, the worst thing about it has always been Spacey's ham-handed performance with his terrible Georgia accent.

Robin Wright and Michael Kelly have been the best performers on the show for years.

<Dylan>

Trotsky my man. I respect you as a poster in here but this is one of the most retarded sentences I've ever read in this WR.

As great as Ben Affleck is as an actor he is no where close to the level of an actor Kevin Spacey is. Kevin Spacey has won a Tony award for his Broadway acting. The only way Ben Affleck will ever end up on Broadway is if he takes his family to go see a show...

Neither of them is great. They are about equally good, not great. I give Affleck some extra credit on the basis that neither he nor his fans pretend he's some great acting talent, unlike those of Spacey and DiCaprio. For the record, though, Spacey is better than DiCaprio, but that's because DiCaprio is a legitimately bad actor.

The only Spacey performances that I can recall being remotely impressive were in Glengarry Glenn Ross and American Beauty, and that, like most good performances, was largely due to the strength of the writing and direction in those films. His performance in House of Cards was terrible, his performance in Usual Suspects was average, and his performance in Se7en was not a challenging portrayal.

I consider it patently absurd that people put Spacey alongside genuinely truly great actors like Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Joaqin Phoenix, Jeff Bridges, Daniel Day-Lewis, Sean Penn, Christian Bale, Anthony Hopkins, Tommy Lee Jones, etc. I don't think he even holds his own against second tier great actors like Forest Whitaker, Woody Harrelson, Denzel Washington, Tom Hanks, Steve Carrel (who I think might be the most talented actor in Hollywood, but hasn't had the roles yet), or a litany of acting powerhouses.

What do you mean? Which characters turned gay? I dropped the show in S2 after a certain character was removed from the show.

Who was removed?

I consider it patently absurd that people put Spacey alongside genuinely truly great actors like Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Joaqin Phoenix, Jeff Bridges, Daniel Day-Lewis, Sean Penn, Christian Bale, Anthony Hopkins, Tommy Lee Jones, etc. I don't think he even holds his own against second tier great actors like Forest Whitaker, Woody Harrelson, Denzel Washington, Tom Hanks, Steve Carrel (who I think might be the most talented actor in Hollywood, but hasn't had the roles yet), or a litany of acting powerhouses.

While that may be a fair argument to make, putting Affleck on Spacey's level is equally absurd. While I don't believe Spacey is nearly as versatile as the true greats you mentioned, he's still more versatile and consistent than Affleck. Surely you can see that. You seem to have a hard on for his role in "House Of Cards", which I do agree can get a little hammy...at worst However, can you even imagine Affleck playing a role like that for more than two hours, and not want to punch your TV? Affleck has like three good performances in his entire career, that merely proves he can act when he wants to. He's also got a trove of pure shit, that proves he can't really hack it on any consistent basis. So much so, that you might call his good performances the exception to the rule, and a bit of a fluke.

What deviltry is this that I agree with Trotsky? Spacey is a shit actor. He's the same guy in every film.

What deviltry is this that I agree with Trotsky? Spacey is a shit actor. He's the same guy in every film.
Had to think about it. Hes been the same smug douche since the usual suspects

Back